Disclaimer: This blog post is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. Always consult with a healthcare provider before starting any health program.
We've divided the quotes into five different categories: wellness, nutrition, fitness, happiness, and balance. We've got you covered no matter what area you need a little more motivation in.
Before we get into the quotes, we want to remind you that maintaining your overall well-being is about balancing your physical and mental health. It's important to understand that sustaining your wellness is a lifelong journey with many facets. While some days you may feel like you have everything under control, others might be more challenging. The goal is to find what works for you and stick with it, even on the more challenging days, so that you can lead a healthy life.
Now, let's get into the inspirational Wednesday quotes.
Many aspects of life, from mental and emotional well-being to physical health, are included in the term "wellness." Here are some quotes to inspire you to pursue wellness in all areas of your life to take control of your health and wellbeing.
1. "The greatest wealth is health." - Virgil
2. "He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything." - Arabian Proverb
3. "Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." - Jim Rohn
4. "Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." - World Health Organization
5. "Your body hears everything your mind says." - Naomi Judd
6. "The groundwork of all happiness is health." - Leigh Hunt
7. "It takes more than just a good looking body. You've got to have the heart and soul to go with it." - Epictetus
8. "The ingredients of health and long life, are great temperance, open air, easy labor, and little care." - Philip Sidney
9. "In life, don't let the elements make you bitter; instead, let them strengthen you. Let the rain cleanse you, the snow preserve you, and the heat test all you are made of. " - Eric McQuesten
10. "It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver." - Mahatma Gandhi
11. "People don't change until they want to." - Unknown
12. "If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done." - Unknown
13. "In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can." - Nikos Kazantzakis
14. "To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear." - Buddha
15. "Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that's very important for good health." - Dalai Lama
16. "If you don't have your health, you don't have anything." - Chuck Pagano
17. "View health as an investment, not an expense." - John Quelch
18. “If you want something bad enough, go get it” – Tiger Woods
19. “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life” – Steve Jobs
20. "In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties." - Henri Frederic Amiel
It can be tough to make healthy choices when it comes to food. But with a little bit of inspiration, it's definitely doable. Here are some great quotes about nutrition to help get you motivated.
21. "You feel better when you're eating food that retains nutritional value." - Amber Heard
22. “One should eat to live, not live to eat.” - Moliere
23. “You are what you eat.” -Ancient Chinese proverb
24. “People who are trying to lose weight should eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” -Adelle Davis
25. “A diet is a short-term fix for a long-term problem.” - Unknown
26. “The best way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.” -Mark Twain
27. “You can't exercise your way out of a bad diet.” -Mark Hyman
28. "Leave the table while you still feel you could eat a little more." - Helena Rubinstein
29. "A little of what you fancy does you good." – British Proverb
30. "You are never too old to set new goals or to dream a new dream." – C.S. Lewis
31. "The dieting wars have got to stop." - Lady Gaga
32. "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." – Virginia Woolf
33. "Healthy eating is not about strict dietary limitations, depriving yourself of the foods you love, or drastically changing your lifestyle. It's about finding balance and enjoying everything that your healthy diet has to offer." – Amy Gorin
34."There are no bad foods, just bad diets." – Tom Venuto
35. "To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." – La Rochefoucauld
36."The most important thing on the plate is what's not there." – Michel Guérard
37. "High-quality food is better for your health." - Michael Pollan
38. "Creating an overall healthy lifestyle for yourself doesn't require a radical diet or significant life change. In fact, it can be attained through common sense decisions about the way we eat, move, and live." - Harley Pasternak
39. "In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired" -Unknown
40. "If it tastes good; spit it out" – Ayaan Hirsi Ali
It's important to stay active and fit, but it can be hard to find the motivation to do so. These quotes about fitness will help inspire you to get up and move.
41. "Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity." - John F. Kennedy
42. “In order to achieve the impossible, one must first try the absurd.” – Fernando Pessoa
43. "Do not go gentle into that good night... Rage, rage against the dying of the light!" - Dylan Thomas
44. “If you still look good at the end of your workout, you didn’t train hard enough.” – Unknown
45. “I am not a failure because I have failed, I am a failure because I have given up.” – Denis Waitley
46. “You can’t put a limit on how much you can improve and how much you can do. There are no limits on what you can be, or what you can do, except the limits you place on yourself.” – Brian Tracy
47. “If you want something you never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” – Anonymous
48. “Today’s Accomplishments were Yesterday’s Impossibilities” – Robert H Schuller
49. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing - that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
50. “If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up.” – Jafar Panahi
51. “A year from now, you will wish you had started today." - Karen Lamb
52. "Sitting is the new smoking" - Unknown
53. "Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional and mental states." - Caroline Myss
54. "You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." - Zig Ziglar
55. "To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise." - Gene Tunney
56. "The reason I exercise is for the quality of life I enjoy." - Kenneth H. Cooper
57. "It's challenging, but you have to at least try to eat right and exercise." Joely Fisher
58. "Discipline is choosing between what feels good now and what feels better later." - Unknown
59. "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you."- Fred Devito
60. "Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states." - Carol Welch
Happiness is a state of mind that many people strive to achieve. These quotes about happiness will inspire you to find joy in your life.
61. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
62. “The greatest happiness you can have is knowing that you do not necessarily require happiness.” – William Saroyan
63. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
64. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.” – Dalai Lama
65. “People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
66. “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” – Aristotle
67. “You don't have to be happy every second to be happy overall." – Unknown
68. "True happiness comes from within." – Unknown
69. "The only way to find true happiness is by searching for it." – Unknown
70. "Happiness comes when we forget ourselves." – Unknown
71. "It is better to be alone than in bad company."- George Washington
72. "Happiness comes when we stop complaining about the things we don't have and celebrate the things we do have." - Unknown
73. "No matter how hard life gets, never give up on yourself." - Unknown
74. "Be the reason someone smiles today." - Unknown
75. "When one door of happiness closes, another one opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."- Helen Keller
76. "It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness." - Charles Spurgeon
77. "Stop chasing after the wrong things and start chasing after the right things." - Unknown
78."You can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes." - Toni Morrison
79. "We can't control the direction of the wind, but we can adjust our sails." - Jimmy Dean
80. "If you want to be happy, be." - Leo Tolstoy
Finding balance in life is essential for happiness and success. These quotes will help you find the right balance for your life.
81. “A life of balance is a life of choices.” – Deborah Day
82. “Everything in moderation, including moderation.” – Oscar Wilde
83. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein
84. “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” – Aristotle
85. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
86. “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Rob Siltanen
87. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” – Dalai Lama
88. “Today’s Accomplishments Were Yesterday’s Impossibilities.” Robert H. Schuller
89. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
90. "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it." - Charles R. Swindoll
91. "The only way to do great work is to love what you do." -Steve Jobs
92. "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work." -Steve Jobs
93. "If you fell down yesterday, stand up today." - H. G. Wells
94."The most important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein
95. "We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
96. "Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground." - Theodore Roosevelt
97." In order for things to change, we must first be willing to let go of our old ways." -Ken Keyes Jr.
98. "Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going." - Sam Levenson
99. "I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." - Ken Venturi
100. "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." - Confucius
101. "The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life." - William Morris
Wellness Wednesday and beyond
People who embrace Wellness Wednesday find it easier to maintain healthier habits when part of a community. It's not about our own self-gratification but rather about the idea that an entire community can lift each other up to improve our mental and physical well-being. However, you must continue implementing these habits even when Wednesday is over.
Here are some things you can do for the different areas of wellness:
Mental and physical health
Mental health and physical health are closely linked. Taking care of your mental health can improve your physical health and vice versa.
Some things you can do to improve your mental and physical health include:
- eating a healthy diet,
- exercising regularly
- getting enough sleep
- managing stress effectively
- spending time with supportive people
Social wellness is about developing and maintaining healthy relationships. It’s important to have people in your life that you can rely on and who make you feel good about yourself.
Some things you can do to improve your social wellness include:
- joining a club or organization
- attending social events
- reaching out to family and friends
Emotional wellness is about being aware of and accepting your emotions. It’s also about being able to manage your emotions healthily.
Some things you can do to improve your emotional wellness include:
- identifying your feelings
- expressing your emotions in a healthy way
- developing positive self-talk
- practicing stress management techniques
Spiritual wellness is about having a sense of purpose and meaning in your life. It’s about connecting with something larger than yourself.
Some things you can do to improve your spiritual wellness include:
- spending time in nature
- practicing gratitude
Leading a Healthy lifestyle
Creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle takes time, intention, and effort. It’s not always easy, but it’s worth it. Practicing self-care and adopting a healthy mindset around food, movement, and sleep can lead you to good health.
Remember that you're not alone in this journey when you feel low in the middle of the week, and you feel like you can't continue. We're all doing our best to live fulfilling, happy lives. We hope these quotes inspire and motivate you to keep going.
Be sure to bookmark this page when you need some positive Wednesday quotes.
*This article is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical advice. Please consult a doctor before making any changes to your diet or exercise routine.